100% recycled frames
The sustainable choice has never been so eye-catching
At OjeOje, we keep a constant eye on the climate situation and actively source materials that will have the greatest impact. This means that all our frames are made of 100% recycled plastic, which originates from either transparent or colored plastic packaging used in the food and beverage industry. Instead of ending up as waste in a landfill site – or worse, polluting the environment – it is recycled and transformed into our unique, cheeky, always colorful OjeOje reading glasses and sun readers, which you can mix and match to create an extra-eye-catching look.
See all our eye-catching recycled reading glasses
– We design one-of-a-kind eyewear. Whether it's our reading specs or sunglasses, these cheeky, brightly colored eye-catchers will spread joy everywhere you go.
– All our frames are made of 100% recycled plastic, which originates from transparent or colored plastic packaging used in the food and beverage industry. BPA and phthalates free.
– We keep a wary eye on the climate situation and strive to have the greatest possible impact with our projects. All our frames are designed in Denmark, then produced and shipped from carefully selected suppliers and manufacturers in Taiwan. We further reduce our CO2 footprint by exclusively using FSC-certified cardboard and paper produced in Denmark and the absolute minimum packaging possible.
– We support the Danish environmental organisation Plastic Change, which fights to achieve ambitious national goals for the reduction and recycling of plastic.
– Each pair of glasses comes with a hand-sewn case made from surplus fabric from the textile company Kvadrat. All profits from the sale of the cases go to Soroptimist International, which works to improve the lives and status of women and girls, and to promote environmental sustainability.
What is recycling?
Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and products. It could be food packaging, toys, clothes or furniture. A good example is our glasses, which are made from recycled plastics that have previously been by-products like food packaging and screw caps.
What is upcycling?
Upcycling, on the other hand, is about reusing waste materials in their original form. Our glasses cases are an excellent example of upcycling. They are sewn from surplus fabric from the Danish textile company, Kvadrat. The fabric remains as it is, but goes from being leftovers to a new and usable glasses case.